According to Nkana football club social media channel on Facebook Mopani has appointed a 12 member new Nkana football club executive. Below is in part of the news circulation.
Mopani Copper Mines Plc has appointed a 12-member Executive Committee to steer the twelve-time Zambian Premier League Champions, Nkana Football Club in the 2017 MTN/FAZ Premier League.
The new executive has been tasked to win silverware in this year’s soccer season.
Incumbent Club President, Engineer Everisto Kabila has continues as president and the committee has seen five (5) new entries, Cecil Mutinta (Treasurer), Joseph Silwamba, Bupe Lubindo, Boniface Siame and Kunda Bowa as committee Members.
Ken Mwansa who previously appointed as a club secretary is now a full time Nkana Employee saving as a Club Chief executive Officer (CEO).The appointments are with immediate effect.
The composition of the new executive committee is as follows:
1. President – Everisto Kabila
2. Vice-President – Patrick Ndhlovu
3. Treasurer – Cecil Mutinta
4. Committee Member- Bupe Lubindo
5. Committee Member – Charles Chikwelete
6. Committee Member – Joseph Silwamba
7. Committee Member – Davies Mwaba
8. Committee Member – Lillian Musenge
9. Committee Member- Boniface Siame
10. Committee Member -Kunda Bowa
11. Committee Member –Alex Munasha
12. Committee Member- Brian Musonda
In his address during the presentation of appointment letters to the new Executive Committee Members, Mopani Copper Mines Chief Financial Officer, John Chiwele, said although Nkana did not win the league last year, good ground works were carried out by the executive saying there was no better time for the team to win silverware than this year.
“You laid the foundation for good results last year with all the projects that you carried out at the club and you got the cream of players in Zambian league. With all the projects that you have done, now is the time for good results,” said Chiwele who is also Nkana FC Patron.
PUBLIC AND MEDIA RELATIONS OFFICER
NKANA FOOTBALL CLUB